Monday, December 12, 2011

10:43pm.....


I am in bed, exhausted, thinking about my day. How rough it was, how tired I am and how glad I am to be in bed. I grab my phone; do my normal scroll through facebook to see who has what to say. If there are any cute pictures posted, my normal nightly routine before sleep time. And while I am thinking about how tired I am, I think “just gotta update my status”. Then it dawns on me….who really cares? Do all FB friends really need to know that I am tired? What does it matter to them, of course I am tired, its 10:30 and I worked a 12 hour day. So then I ask myself, why do I feel the need to post that? (this is me being way to literal) And then I ask, why do any of us feel the need to post anything on FB. Because we post anything and everything. This is what we have come to. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful thing to have because you find people that were lost and keep in touch with people that are far away. And it’s great for that. But what the hell did we do before all this was available on our cell phones? How did we communicate, let alone survive? It is beyond me to even think there was another way.
When was the last time you hand wrote a letter? Or received one? Did it feel genuine and sincere? Everything is done through the internet and the personal has been taken right out of it. It makes me sad to think that the simplicity is all gone. What would we do if the internet just disappeared? Or we lost all service on our phones and had nothing to rely on but a pen and paper. What would we do?

I might just be having an inner turmoil.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment