Saturday, October 15, 2011

Neah Bay

The water is rippling on the shore. Its been a beautiful day. Sunny, almost 60 outside. You couldn't ask for a more perfect day to say hi to my sister after 4 years. This will forever be a place to remember where she wanted to be forever remembered after the amazing life she lived. 
She was taken way to young. A woman who loved with all she had.  I never knew a person with more passion and more determination to be who she wanted to be and to love with all she had. A woman that would go to the ends of the earth for the people that matter. A woman to remember. 
Auntie T is what I called her for the first few years of my life. Then sister for the rest of my life. An amazing mother, friend, daughter. She is the reason I have become who I am. And the fire at my feet that pushes me to be more. I have never seen a woman work so hard to have what she wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better person footsteps to follow after. She is the reason I won't settle. That I went to beauty school and became a teacher. This woman worked two jobs to put herself through school so she could be a massage therapist. She graduated at the top of her class and didn't even think she could do it.
We had our ups and downs as all sisters do but after getting divorced I was given a chance to spend the last two years of her life with her and build memories that I will never forget. To be reminded of the love that a sister has for another sister. 
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her or wish she was still here telling me how stupid I am being. Or calling me the second I walked in the door because she knew my schedule and wanted to talk about my day and tell me about hers. She was the best person you could have in your life. She called it like it was! Never holding back her feelings or thoughts about anything. You never tried to call her out when she was wrong because she would threaten to scoup slam your ass. And she would totally do it! I love this woman. I can't wait until the day I see her again so I can scoup slam her and give her a slobbery wet kiss like she always did to me.
I will never be ticklish again because of all the Chinese Tickle torcher she put me through as a child until I cried and almost peed my pants. Again, I love this woman.
Trina Diane Rodgers amazing sister, mother, Auntie T, friend. Until the end!

2 comments:

  1. She was an amazing woman and there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't run through my thoughts. Say hello to the waves and give Aaron a hug.

    ReplyDelete